NOTE: Turn Wi-Fi on for a better experience.
Speed Camera Locations Alert
Speed Camera Locations Alert provides a visual and audible as you approach a speed camera location (red light camera).
As you approach a speed camera location the screen will turn red and the words camera nearby will be
announced twice. The alert is to ensure you drive appropriately for the location.
- Visual and audible warning.
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Traffic overlay
- Alert distance 250, 350, 500 and 1000 metres
- Colour coded level of fines
- Set your preferred distance
- Press on the Start button to start monitoring your location.
- Press traffic button to see bottlenecks
- The visual/audible alert does not differentiate between a speed camera, red light camera,
or point-to-point cameras.
- The approximate distance to the speed camera location defaults to a radius of 350 metres. If you find
this too short or too long, you can adjust the distance by pressing the distance button. The distance
button cycles between 250, 350, 500 and 1,000 metres.
- In testing we've found the GPS accuracy can be quite variable for different devices and different situations.
Only testing will let you know how your device performs. In the city setting the distance too high means
you'll easily cover multiple speed cameras on other streets and thus won't know about them. Try the default
setting of 350m. For country/highway travel where Wi-Fi is not assisting GPS can be less stable. The longer
1,000 metre setting may be more useful.
- Currently the speed camera alert lets you know there is an approaching speed camera location. Speed cameras
often only cover one leg of an intersection, or one side of a road. The alert
does not at this time distinguish between the leg or side of the road.
- An audio alert may not play on all devices, browsers or operating systems.
- The GPS in many mobiles is not very good. If your GPS doesn't work well there's nothing you can
do about it.
- Turn Wi-Fi on. Counterintuitive as it may sound, GPS alone often gives a poor experience. Turning on Wi-Fi enables
your device to use both GPS and Wi-Fi signals to help determine your location.
Speed Camera Locations Alert comes with no warranty express or implied. It is not guaranteed to be error free or suitable for any
Speed Camera Locations - Copyright © 2016 Online Connections